Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Course Blog #10

For this final blog post, please summarize your course blog. What do you discover about yourself and your concerns and interests about the field of education?  Are there emergent themes? What do you believe as evidenced across the nine previous posts ?

Overall, I enjoyed the blogging process. I discovered things about teaching I may not have thought too much about before such as how to properly set up a classroom, or to be mindful of other students and their differences. The lesson where we talked about LGBTQ students was eyeopening for me because it is a topic that has not ever been discussed before and I was not aware of it. 
Through my experiences, I learned a lot about what being a teacher entitles. I still have a strong passion for teaching and only hope that passion increases as I take my education classes and learn more about the field. Some concerns I was faced with especially in recent topics, is how a school should be. I still am searching for that answer on what an "ideal" school is. Although I think it may be hard to find simply because the world isn't perfect so why should a school be? I think it is the job of a teacher to make the atmosphere of the school, especially his or her classroom as perfect as it possibly could be. 
A theme that I see when looking back at my course blogs is that teaching puts a huge emphasis on the students. I of course already knew this but it became very prevalent that not anyone can be a teacher. To be a teacher you are taking the lives of kids and shaping them for the world essentially, to become the best person they can possibly be. Being a teacher is not a job that should be taken lightly. Not everyone is cut out for the position and it should not be a job that is taken just because someone does not know what else to do with their life. To be a teacher is an honor, the impact that is made on the students is tremendous and should impact the students for a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment