Monday, September 22, 2014

Blog Post 3

The topic I enjoyed discussing the most this past week was what I wanted my classroom to look like. When I was younger I remember my classrooms being bright and beautiful with pictures of different kids and neat animals. As I grew older, I remember the classrooms having more of an educational feel. There were posters on how to write a proper essay or different math formulas, the classrooms were not as fun, they meant business.  A classroom that stuck out to me the most was the one I had in junior high english. The classroom was bare, with ugly green tile and one framed picture that was in the front of the class. The picture was of an older lady (similar to my teacher) reading to kids that looked to be in elementary school, most likely first or second grade.  This frame bothered a lot of us because we felt that we were looked upon as little children. We talked to the teacher about it and she kindly took it down not realizing how we felt. As a teacher, I think you need to make your classroom appropriate based on who you are teaching, what age, and your subject matter. You need to make the classroom fun, yet academic.

No comments:

Post a Comment